STUDY English / Thai + ED Visa Support

NES School of Languages offers comprehensive Thai/English courses to foreign speakers, and is a legally, registered private language school under authorization of the Ministry of Education (MOE), Thailand. Studying Thai or English courses at NES will make you eligible to apply for a 12 month education visa (renewable from year to year).

NES courses have clear direction and process on how to build and improve your Thai and English communication skill from basic to advanced level. The lessons are well balanced between studying structures of language and applying your communication skill through activities in class. NES offers group or private lessons suitable for all ages and backgrounds

The "ED" Visa information

The approval letter will be issued by MOE, which may take up to 40 - 60 days. Once the approval letter is ready the school license will be provided to the student. The student will then have to apply for an ED visa at a Thai Embassy or Thai Consulate office outside of Thailand, or in your home country where you specify in your visa application document NES School of Languages.

What's Required?

1. Passport with at least 6 months validity remaining

2. 4 passport-sized photographs (size 2"x2" or 4x5 cm.)

3. Pay tuition fees

4. Fill the visa application form

5. NRI certificate (For the Middle East and African passport holder

Three Language Schools in convenient locations

in Chiangmai

Nimmanhaemin .Sirimangkalajarn .Tha Pae Gate

Student - Self Service

Provide students with access to schedule record

and other essential information

Spacious and comfortable atmosphere

Hi-tech classrooms with air conditioning, equipped

with modern whiteboard, plasma TVs and internet access

An internation selection for teachers

Qualified and experienced native Thai and English


Language and social program

Variety of cultural activies that will help students to

develop their Thai/English skills at the same time as

having fun; the most effective way of learning!

Who can apply for Education visa Thailand?

People of every nationality can apply for Non-Immigrant Education visa. Please note that students from in the East and Middle East including India, China, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, and Nepal need to return to their home country to obtain a visa.

- Student must be at least 12 years old for Thai Language program

- Student must be at least 7 years for English Language program


How long can I study English/Thai at

NES School of Languages (NES)?

NES can provide an ED VISA (Non-immigrant “ED”)

from 3 months up to 12 months.

(Renewable from year to year)

When should I start submitting the

required documents?

Students should plan to send all required

documents to the school at least 40 - 60 days

before planned date of arrival to Thailand.

Can I travel outside of Thailand when

holding ED visa?

A re-entry permit will be needed otherwise a status of stay will be cancelled automatically once leaving the country (Read more)

Terms & Conditions:

1. Fees are non-refundable, and are not transferable to other terms, other students, and other packages.

2. Students will study English/Thai language according to NES curriculum which is approved by the Ministry of Education and school.

3. Students with no intention to complete their class attendance will not be granted ED visa from NES.

<< TOP >>

How to apply an ED visa to Thailand?

Follow these steps to apply for an ED visa

Step 1 Visit NES or submit application online. Required items are below:

1. Passport with at least 6 months validity remaining

2. 4 passport-sized photographs (size 2”x2” or 4x5 cm.)

3. Pay tuition fees

4. Fill the visa application form

5. NRI certificate (For the Middle East and African passport holder)


The process of issuing visa documents and approval letters from the Ministry of Education takes approximately 40-60 days. Students are solely responsible for the collection of his/her complete visa package from school or at aselected courier with postal fee.

Step 2 Receive memo slip from NES

Once students submit all required documents, students will receive a memo slip which specifies the appointed date to collect visa package from the school. The appointed date will count 60 days from the submission date.

Step 3 Collect visa package from NES and apply for a Non-immigrant “ED” at

Thai embassy/Thai consular aboard or from student’s home country.


*Student chooses the Immigration Office (Thai Embassy/Consulate). Determined Thai Embassy/Consulate is totally the student’s choice of decision. Please check that Thai Embassy or Thai Consular that you plan to visit holds authority to grant Non-Immigrant

“ED” Visa to Thailand, especially for the case of applying in China.

*Customarily, applicant will receive a single-entry permit.

*School suggests students to enter Thailand promptly after visa is granted.

Step 4 Enter Thailand

Students MUST bring passport and departure card to NES at INES1 (Nimmanhaemin), Visa support desk, within 1 week after arrival date in Thailand. Date of arrival needs to be recorded in school’s online database. Without the record, school’s sms/email system will NOT be able to notify student on next passport lodging for visa extension.


*Please check that the official stamp granted in passport is Non-ED and student is allowed to stay for 90 days in Thailand.

*Please update Thai phone number and email in case there is any change. Otherwise, students will NOT receive any notification or reminder about visa extension.

*Please be noted that the 2nd approval letter from MOE takes approximately 40-60days.

*Please be noted that, residence certificate has to be submitted to school before it is sent to MOE for an issuance of the 2nd approval letter.

Immigration customary

Student presents the page of passport with ED-VISA to immigration officer and you will be granted an official stamp; which will allow you to stay for 90 days. Every student needs to extend ED-visa, and also to notify your address when you stay in Thailand longer than 90 days at the immigration office. Student’s passport and document need to be submitted to MOE for the issuance of an acceptance letter (2nd letter) which is a requisite on the next visa extension at the immigration.

Note: Please bring your passport and departure card to the school within 1 week after your arrival in Thailand.

<< TOP >>

How to apply for an extension in Thailand

Step 1 Bring your passport and residence certificate to NES

Students bring in passport and residence certificate to NES at INES (Nimmanhaemin), Visa support desk, 60 days prior to the expiry date of ED-visa. The student has to sign on all of the photocopied pages of their passport and fill out an official form.

Step 2 Receive memo slip from NES

Student will get a memo slip which states appointed date or the date to collect a complete set of visa package from the school. The appointed date will count 60 days from the submission date.

Step 3 Collect the visa package from NES

Student collects visa package upon the appointment date shown on the memo slip.


*Please bring in passport and memo slip when visiting visa support desk at INES1 for collection of document.

*School suggests students to apply for a visa extension at Chiang Mai Immigration Office promptly after collecting document from school.

Step 4 Apply for a visa extension

Student applies for a visa extension at Immigration office in Promenade Resort Mall. (Map : https://goo.gl/maps/qkBw7DEWqdM2)

Note: The fee is 1,900 Baht for each application.

<< TOP >>

How to apply for a notification of stay in the Kingdom of Thailand for over 90 days

All foreigners staying in Thailand longer than 90 days, are required to notify their residential status, and to report to immigration in order to register their residency in Thailand every 90 days.

The notification must be made within 15 days before or 7 days after each staying period of 90 days expires.

The first application for extension of stay by foreigners is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.

The required documents:

1. Passport

2. A Photocopy of pages particular in passport:

    - Front page showing name/passport number
    - Current visa
    - Last entry stamp of immigration
    - Last extension of visa
    - Departure card

3. A record of previous notification of 90 days stay

4. Complete the Notification form TM.47


*Periodic report of stay in the Kingdom over 90 days is not equivalent to a visa extension.

*An overstay without an official notification or lateness in doing so can cause a legal punishment in a fine, and may lead to imprisonment as according to Thai immigration law.

*After a re-entry, the period of stay starts from student’s date of re-entry.


During your ED visa period, when the student travels abroad, students MUST carry a re-entry permit issued at the Immigration Office or Immigration check point before leaving Thailand.

Note: Before making each trip, please inform the school of your travel plan, date of departure and return.

Re-entry to Thailand with Non-Immigrant ED visa

For non-immigrant ED visa holders who have an extension of stay and would like to travel outside of Thailand for a short period of time, a re-entry permit will be needed for returning otherwise a status of stay will be cancelled automatically once leaving the country. Re-entry permits are the right to preserve a status of staying in Thailand. Re-entry permit must be obtained at the Immigration Office.

When applying for a re-entry permit, students will need to submit the following:

1. Passport

2. One 4x6 centimeters photo

3. A completed TM-8 form

4. 1,900 THB one-time re-entry fee

<< TOP >>